Sat, Apr 01|
NZDF Army Hall
Psychological Trauma Course
We train and educate ourselves to manage physical conditions and accidents and emergencies, so why not train to recognise, treat and manage psychological injuries.
Time & Location
Apr 01, 2023, 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
NZDF Army Hall, 24 Bridgman Street, Kensington, Dunedin 9012, New Zealand
About the event
PTEP educates participants about the biological underpinnings of psychological trauma, the short and long-term impact on the brain and body, and warning signs that a patient or colleague is experiencing extreme psychological distress.
Topics covered include:
- The invisible wounds of psychological trauma
- Reducing psychological traumatic stress
- Understanding the physiological stress response
- Applying the eSCAPe principle to patient care
- Patient simulations
- Recognizing psychological trauma within our work force